German Bundestag IP 2023 Scholarship for Africans to Study in Germany
Qualified candidates from specific African nations are invited to submit their applications for the 2023/24 German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships. These scholarships aim to support university graduates who demonstrate political and social engagement, providing them with the opportunity to pursue their studies in Germany.
The scholarship is intended for dedicated, open-minded, resilient, and politically engaged young professionals hailing from Botswana, Kenya, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda. Its objective is to empower these individuals to actively and responsibly contribute to shaping the democratic future of their respective countries.
The German Bundestag is the federal legislative body of the Federal Republic of Germany. It is located in the Reichstag building in Berlin and consists of members elected by the German people through a proportional representation system. The Bundestag plays a crucial role in the country’s democratic processes, as it is responsible for passing laws, approving the federal budget, and scrutinizing the government’s actions. Members of the Bundestag represent various political parties and engage in lively debates on important issues affecting the nation. The Bundestag serves as a forum for democratic discourse, where differing opinions are expressed and decisions are made in the best interest of the German people.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Germany
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: 16
Scholarship Level: Masters
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the German Bundestag IP Scholarship:
- Citizenship of a participating country
- Must be younger than 30 years at the beginning of the scholarship on January 1st
- Must have completed university studies
- Must possess good knowledge of the German language (at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Pronounced interest in political contexts and social/political commitment
Application Procedures for the German Bundestag IP Scholarship (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates who are both interested and meet the qualifications for the German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships are required to submit an online application and provide the necessary documents before the specified deadline. It is important to note that all applications must be submitted in German and sent to the German diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s home country.
- Application form
- Passport photo (please insert on the 1st page of the application form);
- Proof of good German language skills, not older than 2 years;
- Letter of motivation in German with your handwritten signature (maximum two pages);
- Copy of passport or copy ID;
- Degree certificate from the university in the original or as an officially certified copy in English or German. The original or the officially certified copy of the original must be presented in the event of a possible selection interview.
- A current letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university lecturer or employer, in which the professional qualification of the applicant for the program is assessed).
Application Deadline: 15th July 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website