Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs 2023 One Young World Enterprising Futures Scholarship
The World Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023 is jointly presented by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and One Young World, as part of their youth entrepreneurship initiative. This scholarship aims to offer young leaders and entrepreneurs from specific countries the opportunity to attend the annual One Young World Summit.
The upcoming One Young World Summit in 2023 will gather over 2,000 young leaders from more than 190 countries in Belfast. This global forum provides a platform for delegates to present and discuss solutions to the most urgent challenges of our time, alongside senior leaders. The summit offers young entrepreneurs an exceptional opportunity to engage, expand on successful initiatives, and connect with other change-makers worldwide.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and their youth entrepreneurship initiative, Orange Corners, share a dedication to investing in education and youth employment. Their objective is to enhance opportunities for young individuals, especially in developing countries and fragile states, by closing the disparity between the skills young people acquire and the skills demanded by the job market.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Host Institution(s): One Young World Academy
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: African Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the One Young World Enterprising Futures Scholarship:
- Aged 18 – 34 by the date of the One Young World 2023 Summit in October.
- Actively engaged in the fields of youth employment and job creation, either as entrepreneurs or in a similar role (and be able to demonstrate this).
- Nationals of and residents in one of the following countries: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq including Kurdistan region of Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Uganda. Please note that candidates with refugee status are certainly eligible.
- All candidates will be required to have a working understanding of English, as both the One Young World Summit and Enterprising Futures pre- and post-programmes will be held in English.
- Candidates must be available to join the programme full-time between 1 and 6 October 2023, as well as pre- and post-programme dates.
Scholarship Benefits for the One Young World Enterprising Futures Scholarship:
- Access to additional events organised by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Orange Corners.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023, taking place from 2-5 October in Belfast, United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation during the Summit dates.
- One night of hotel accommodation (if required) for the visa application process
- Additional night pre-Summit (if needed).
- The cost of travel to and from the host city of the Summit (flights in economy).
- Domestic travel costs to the airport to take the international flight (flight in economy).
- Travel to the visa application process (if required).
- Visa costs, if applicable (including visa costs and required travel for visa appointment).
- Catering which includes breakfast at the hotel accommodation and, lunch and dinner at the Summit.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Lifetime membership to the OYW community.
Application Procedures for the One Young World Enterprising Futures Scholarship (How to Apply):
To be eligible for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs One Young World Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023, applicants are required to submit an online application for the program.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs places great importance on fostering an inclusive and diverse environment. They actively encourage all eligible young entrepreneurs, regardless of their race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, or educational background, to apply for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: June 14, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website