Chinese Government 2024 Belt and Road Program Scholarships at Wuhan University
Wuhan University is excited to announce the Chinese Government 2024 Belt and Road Program for talented international students from the Belt and Road Initiative related countries to study in China
The Wuhan University Chinese Government Scholarship supports master and doctoral students. Duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language study, lasts 1 year for language courses study, whereas 2-3 years for master’s degree study, and 3-4 years for doctoral degree study. The instruction language is Chinese/English
Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students to study for Master’s or Doctoral degree
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in China
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Chinese Government Scholarship-Belt and Road Program
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): Wuhan University
Scholarship Worth: Not Specified
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Masters
Nationality: All Countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Wuhan University Chinese Government Scholarship:
- be a citizen of non-Chinese nationality from the Belt and Road Initiative related countries and in good health both mentally and physically.
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs
- have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese- taught master’s or doctoral programs; Applicants who have passed HSK Level 5 or above can apply for major study directly, and those who have passed the HSK Level 4 can apply to take Chinese language courses for one year first, then move on to the major study after meeting the requirement. Those who have used Chinese as the language of instruction to obtain a degree in a Chinese university are not required to provide proof of the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), but must provide a proof of the Chinese language of instruction
- provide a report of English Language Test when applying for English-taught master’s or doctoral programs (TOEFL 80+/IELTS 6.0+). Those who cannot offer the above-mentioned standard English test result can provide a proof of their previous studying at an institution where the teaching language is English, and will be required to take additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University. Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate
- an applicant must Not be holding any other scholarship
Benefits for the Wuhan University Chinese Government Scholarship:
- Tuition and application fee waiver;
- Free accommodation;
- Living allowance
- Comprehensive medical insurance
Application Procedures for the Wuhan University Chinese Government Scholarship (How to apply):
Follow the procedures stated below to apply for the Wuhan University Chinese Government Scholarship:
- Register and submit your online application at Chinese Government Scholarship Information System，visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for Students”. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Please choose program category–Type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0).
- For applicants using Internet Explorer, please close the “compatible view mode” function ahead of editing.
- As for the details of online application, please check the Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship Information System.
- Register and submit online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students. Please choose sources of funds — Chinese Government Scholarship Program.
- Online Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
- Online Application Form for International Students of Wuhan University (in Chinese or English);
- Copy of Ordinary Passport Home Page.
- Notarized highest diploma/degree certificate (from the undergraduate program onwards).
- Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards)
- Language qualification certificates
- A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words
- Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted.
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant).
- Non-Criminal Record report in English or Chinese.
- An acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University.
- Other additional documents (e.g. certificate of work or internship, award, publications) (if available).
Application Deadline: April 15, 2024
For more information visit the official website