British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth 2024 Scholarships
The Scotland SGSAH, in partnership with the British Council, is excited to initiate the application process for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024. These scholarships aim to facilitate international research collaborations between Early Career Researchers, PhD candidates, and Scottish Institutions.
The program’s objective is to highlight the contributions and actions of the environmental arts, humanities, as well as the arts and cultural sector, in tackling the climate crisis. It also emphasizes their potential for interdisciplinary research across Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) fields.
The British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships offer a unique opportunity for international collaboration between PhD and Early Career Researchers, along with Scottish Institutions. Focused on the intersection of environmental arts and humanities, as well as the wider arts and cultural sector, these scholarships aim to address the urgent climate emergency through interdisciplinary research within the realms of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM). Aspiring scholars can access funding by submitting comprehensive research proposals and demonstrating their potential benefits from cluster involvement, training, and development activities, all while contributing to a crucial global cause.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships:
- Applicants must be a PhD and early career researchers registered or graduated from non-UK university who are working with the environmental arts and humanities to come to Scotland to work with an academic mentor and access networks and resources of a host higher education institute.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Early career researchers must be within 1 year of notification of award of their PhD.
Application Procedures for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates for the British Council SGSAH Earth Scholarship must finalize an online application using SGSAH’s web-based platform. As part of the application, individuals are required to furnish the subsequent documents:
- Comprehensive research proposal
- Explanation of how participation in the Cluster will be advantageous, including cohort formation, training, and developmental initiatives.
- Financial plan and rationale for resource allocation.
- Curriculum vitae (limited to 4 pages).
- Endorsement letter from the PhD supervisor (maximum 2 pages).
- Endorsement letter from the intended Host Institution (Department Head or equivalent) (maximum 2 pages).
Application Deadline: 1 November 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website