Alexander von Humboldt-German Chancellor 2023 Fellowship
If you’re looking for a chance to join a network of driven leaders on an international scale, consider applying for a German Chancellor Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. With this fellowship, you can take your career to the next level by carrying out a project of your choice. This opportunity is available in Germany, and the successful fellow will be able to receive support for their career development.
The individuals with the highest potential among all those who meet the formal eligibility criteria will be chosen and asked to attend a selection meeting in their home country. At this meeting, they will be able to introduce themselves and present their project.
Under the auspices of the Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, the fellowship program grants up to 60 German Chancellor Fellowships per year, with a limit of ten awards per country.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): German Chancellor
Host Institution(s): Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: All study levels
Duration: 12 months
Nationality: See Eligibility Criteria (below)
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Alexander von Humboldt-German Chancellor 2023 Fellowship
- Work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience
- Have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago. The key date for calculating this twelve-year period is 1 October of the year in which the selection is
- Want to conduct an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany
- have good knowledge of English and/or German
- Hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African or American citizenship
Fellowship Benefits for the Alexander von Humboldt-German Chancellor 2023 Fellowship
- Monthly fellowship grant of 2,000 euros, 2,300 euros or 2,600 euros – depending on your training and career level.
- Intensive language course before commencement of fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship,
- Individual support during stay in Germany.
- Additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for an additional German language course.
- Joint events where you experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society.
- Networking activities that enable the fellow to collaborate in peer groups and independently organise smaller network formats with other fellows.
- A two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career.
Application Procedures for the Alexander von Humboldt-German Chancellor 2023 Fellowship (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates who wish to apply for the German Chancellor Fellowships 2023 should use the online application platform and ensure that they provide the necessary documents, including a letter of motivation, a project plan, an extensive statement with a mentoring agreement from the intended host in Germany, and two letters of recommendation from individuals who can vouch for their professional, personal, and academic backgrounds. The application form contains links that can be used to upload these documents, and applicants should send the links to the appropriate individuals as soon as possible. Once all documents have been received, the applicant will receive a confirmation email.
Application Deadline: 15 October 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website