DBN 2023 Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) for Nigerian Youths
The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) is pleased to invite applications from Nigerian youths for the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP). This opportunity is available to Nigerian micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) operating in any sector. The program aims to provide participants with the essential knowledge and skills required to thrive in the Nigerian business landscape.
The Development Bank of Nigeria’s flagship program, the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP), is held annually and is currently in its 5th cycle. Capacity building is a central focus for the Development Bank of Nigeria, and through partnerships and the utilization of the DBN Learning Management System (LMS), the bank has successfully trained over 2000 micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) across Nigeria. These training initiatives have been conducted both digitally and through physical workshops, emphasizing the bank’s commitment to supporting the growth and development of MSMEs in the country.
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Company/Organisation(s): Development Bank of Nigeria (DNB), Nigeria
Program Location: Abuja, Lagos & Port Harcourt in Nigeria
Program Duration: 3 Months approximately
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Nigerian Youths MSMEs across any sector
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the DBN Entrepreneurship Training (DBNETP):
- Owner of business must be 18 years and above.
- Business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The business must be based in Nigeria.
- The business must be for profit from any sector.
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
- Bankability- Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability- Demonstrates potential for growth of business to create jobs
- The programme takes a blended learning format approach of virtual and physical training.
- Virtual Training: The Virtual training is a self-paced comprehensive curriculum of the basic business principles broken down into 9 modules and will be implemented using the DBN learning management platform of the BizAid App.
- Onsite Training: This is a 5-day intense practical training and the curriculum is based on a needs assessment of the shortlisted businesses. A total of 350 businesses will be shortlisted for this to be trained in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Pitching Session: All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition and 25 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding of N500,000 each.
Application Procedures for the DBN Entrepreneurship Training (DBNETP) (How to Apply):
To participate in the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP), all applicants are required to register on the DBN BizAid application. Additionally, they must successfully complete a minimum of four mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning Management Platform and achieve an average score of 70% on all quizzes. The four courses that must be completed are:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Sustainability for MSMEs
- Marketing and Sales Techniques
- Credit Management/Access to Finance
Once an applicant has completed the four courses by the specified deadline, they will receive an email containing a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
Upon submission of the application form, an acknowledgment email will be sent within 24 hours to confirm receipt.
Applications will be screened and shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria after the application period ends.
The selection process will be carried out using defined selection criteria from the pool of shortlisted applications.
Successful applicants will be notified via email and a phone call to the contact details provided on the application form.
The training sessions will commence on scheduled dates consecutively in Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information Visit the Official Website