AAU 2023 Applications for Third Call for Proposals for Micro-Projects – Phase II of the PRICNAC Grant
The Association of African Universities (AAU) is excited to announce the opening of applications for the Third Call for Proposals for Micro-Projects – Phase II of the PRICNAC Grant. This call for proposals is part of the second phase of the grant and offers an opportunity for interested individuals and institutions to submit their project proposals.
The objective of this latest call for projects is to select at least 10 micro-projects, each of which will be funded with a minimum of 150,000 euros (98,393,550 FCFA) and a maximum of 180,000 euros (118,072,260 FCFA). The call for proposals is open to applicants who meet the specified criteria and are interested in securing funding for their innovative projects.
PRICNAC is among the twelve initiatives that have received funding from the ACP Innovation Fund of the OEACP Research and Innovation Programme, supported financially by the European Union. The primary goal of PRICNAC is to foster an inclusive research and innovation landscape in Central African nations, with a focus on promoting sustainable development and alleviating poverty. Its specific objectives include enhancing the availability of sustainable solutions derived from research and innovation that are tailored to local contexts and expanding the scope of activities undertaken by the PRICNAC network.
SEE ALSO: Latest Grants
Grants Sponsor(s): Association of African Universities (AAU)
Host Institution(s): Association of African Universities (AAU)
Grants Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: African Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the AAU Applications for Third Call for Proposals for Micro-Projects – Phase II of the PRICNAC Grant:
- Applicants must be a national of one of the African Union Member States;
- Applicants must be less than 35 years of age at the end date of this call;
- Must have Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma or any other equivalent diploma (baccalaureate +5); and
- The candidate must demonstrate remarkable ability and devotion along with experiences in conducting research in the selected field of study;
- PRICNAC is being implemented in eight countries: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and Sao Tome and Principe, for an implementation period of 4 years (January 2021-December 2024).
Application Procedures for the AAU Applications for Third Call for Proposals for Micro-Projects – Phase II of the PRICNAC Grant (How to Apply):
Interested individuals or organizations seeking to apply for the AAU Applications for the Third Call for Proposals for Micro-Projects – Phase II of the PRICNAC Grant are hereby informed that applications must be exclusively submitted online. It is mandatory for the proposal to be written in French.
In case you encounter any difficulties while using the online application system, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
To ensure a complete application, the following documents must be included:
- A duly completed online application form.
- An official letter of application signed by the highest authority of the contracting entity.
- A legal document that confirms the establishment and status of the contracting entity (which must have been established in one of the countries targeted by the call since at least 2018). Additionally, provide documents attesting to the creation and status of associated entities established in one of the countries targeted by the call.
- Evidence of managing at least two research and innovation project grants, each worth a minimum of 75,000 euros (49,196,775 FCFA), between 2018 and 2021.
- Annual activity and financial reports for the years 2019, 2020, and 2021, demonstrating experience and responsibility in the preparation and management of funded activities.
- Audit reports of the annual financial statements for the years 2019, 2020, and 2021, confirming the compliance, fairness, and reliability of the accounts as per the applicable law.
- The project proposal document, using the provided template.
- A logical framework matrix, prepared according to the provided template.
- A detailed budget in line with the provided template.
- A Framework Partnership Agreement signed by the authorized representatives of the Contracting Entity and the associated entities.
Applications must be submitted before 23:59 GMT+1 on 16th June 2023 and should be in French only. The French version of the call can be accessed here: https://pricnac.org/3eme-appel-a-propositions-de-micro-projets-pricnac/.
Application Deadline: June 16, 2023
For more information, please visit the Official website