Yenching Academy 2024 Scholarship at Peking University, China
The Yenching Academy Scholarship 2024 is now open for applications, welcoming eligible and interested students to apply for this opportunity in China. Both domestic and international students enrolling in the university’s degree programs can avail themselves of this scholarship.
Those joining the Yenching Academy for a Master’s program from abroad can qualify for the scholarship, covering tuition fees, round-trip airfare to Beijing, accommodation, and living expenses while on the Peking University campus.
Yenching Academy extends comprehensive fellowships to scholars, presenting a diverse range of interdisciplinary courses on China across the humanities and social sciences. Collaborating with academic mentors, Yenching Scholars craft their unique academic journeys by selecting courses from six research areas. The Yenching program underscores the importance of interdisciplinary perspectives, valuing a nuanced approach to understanding China’s development from both local and international standpoints.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in China
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Yenching Academy, Peking University, China
Scholarship Type: Fully funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Yenching Academy of Peking University, China
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee and accommodation, and living costs
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Yenching Academy Scholarship:
- Be a domestic or an international student.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2024;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
Benefits for the Yenching Academy Scholarship:
- Full tuition fees
- Round trip airfare to Beijing
- Accommodation, and
- Living costs on the Peking University campus.
Application Procedures for the Yenching Academy Scholarship (How to Apply):
Individuals interested in the Yenching Academy Scholarship 2024 can submit their applications through the Yenching Academy’s online portal. To complete the application, each candidate must create an account on the admissions portal and provide the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form
- Personal statement (750 words or less)
- Statement of Research Interest (up to 1500 words, excluding citations)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcript(s)
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrolment
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- English proficiency requirements with minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- CET 6: Overall 600
- TEM 4
Application Deadline: January 31, 2024
For more information Visit the Official Website