World Bank & Financial Times’ Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2023
Applications are now being accepted for the World Bank & Financial Times’ Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2023 jointly sponsored by the World Bank Group and the Financial Times. If you are between the ages of 16 and 19 and currently in high school, the organizers are eager to learn about your experiences with post-COVID education and hear your ideas for the future. In partnership with the FT Schools program, which provides free access to FT.com for students, teachers, and schools around the world aged 16-19 years old.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on the lives of young children, students, and youth. The widespread disruption caused by the virus to societies and economies has resulted in the worst education crisis of the past century. The consequences of school closures extend far beyond just lost learning opportunities. This generation of children is at risk of losing a combined total of US$21 trillion in lifetime earnings, equivalent to 17% of the current global GDP, an increase from the 2021 estimate of a US$17 trillion loss. Even three years after the outbreak of COVID-19, educators and governments are still struggling with the aftermath of the pandemic. They are making efforts to compensate for the important time lost during COVID-related school closures, in order to prepare students for successful futures.
Requirements for the World Bank & Financial Times’ Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2023:
- A strong blog or essay, that is no longer than 500 words.
- Your name, age, school, email, and country you live in.
- Photos, videos, and visualizations that help support your story.
- Entries should be original content and cannot have been previously published or lifted from other sources.
- Entries should be the work of the submitter and cannot be collaborative or written by a proxy.
- Participants must be enrolled in high school or a version of secondary education.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 to 19 years at the time of submission.
- Entries can be submitted in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
Prize for the World Bank & Financial Times’ Blog/Essay Writing Competition 2023:
The selected winning entry will be featured in the Financial Times at the sole discretion of the publication and on the World Bank blog.
Applicant’s submission should be about: How is your country’s education system recovering from learning losses compounded by the COVID-19 pandemic, and what more it can do to prepare young people for the jobs of the future?
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit Official Website.