WAAW Foundation 2024 Undergraduate Scholarship for Female African Students
The WAAW Foundation is welcoming applications for its 2023/2024 Scholarship from eligible female African undergraduate students who have been accepted into a university, college, or higher education institution in Africa.
The WAAW Foundation grants yearly STEM scholarships to students who can demonstrate financial need and confirm their enrollment as full-time STEM students at an African university. A condition for recipients is to establish a STEM Outreach Chapter at their respective university.
The WAAW (Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women) Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering and supporting female African students pursuing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) education. Through their annual scholarship program, the foundation provides financial assistance to deserving students, enabling them to access quality education and pursue careers in STEM fields. Additionally, WAAW encourages scholarship recipients to establish STEM Outreach Chapters at their universities, fostering a culture of education and mentorship within their communities. The WAAW Foundation plays a vital role in promoting gender equality and advancing the representation of women in STEM disciplines across Africa, ultimately contributing to the continent’s development and innovation.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): WAAW Foundation
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Institutions in Africa
Scholarship Worth: $500
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the WAAW Foundation Scholarship:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need.
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering, and community service.
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
- Eligible Course: All fields of Engineering, All Computer Science, Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial Chemistry, Biochemistry, Zoology; Agriculture, Geography, Statistics, etc.
Application Procedures for the WAAW Foundation Scholarship (How to Apply):
Prospective applicants for the WAAW Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024 are advised to submit an online application before the specified deadline. The application should include the following components:
- A fully completed application form.
- Personal and contact details.
- Educational history and family information.
- A statement of need, explaining the reasons for requiring scholarship support and how the funds will be utilized if granted.
- Essays, which play a crucial role in the candidate selection process. These essays should address career aspirations and how the WAAW scholarship would contribute to their educational journey. It is recommended to prepare these essays before starting the application. a. In 500 words or less, write an essay about your future career goals and how the WAAW Foundation scholarship will aid in achieving them. b. In 300 words or less, discuss your perspective on female education in Africa and its impact on research, development, or progress in African economies. c. In 500 words or less, share your proudest achievement to date. d. In ten sentences or fewer, elucidate why you require a scholarship. Provide insights into your financial situation, personal circumstances, or family background, and explain how the WAAW scholarship will support your educational and career plans.
- Two academic or professional references are needed. Please note that recommendation letters and transcripts are not required during the initial application phase. They will only be necessary if you are shortlisted. Nevertheless, you should provide the names of two references in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be requested to provide the following additional documents to complete the application process:
- Two references, with one being a recommendation from a professor at your current institution of study, and the other from an academic supervisor, advisor, or mentor. These references will need to be emailed by your referees.
- A copy of your current, signed, and sealed university transcript. This transcript should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A scanned copy of your school identification card must also be emailed to the foundation.
Please ensure that you fulfill all the requirements and submit a complete application by the deadline to be considered for the WAAW Foundation Scholarship.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website