University Of Leeds Sanctuary Scholarship 2023/2024 Application
University Of Leeds is pleased to share this latest study offer to highly intellectual and motivated international students who are forced migrants to the UK to enrol into their ongoing Sanctuary Scholarship program for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The scholarship program is a fully funded one and is valued at about £10,000 which the successful applicants won’t have to repay and will also house other mouth-watering benefits. The programme have been considered as one of the most competitive study package delivered by the institution as a limited number of awards are available for grabs. The opportunity is opened for both undergraduates and postgraduates but not for student pursuing their PhD degree.
The University of Leeds have been on the watch-list of many international students as they’ve been known as one of the best public research university which offers series of scholarships and also a pathway in gaining a long lasting degree in the UK.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University Of Leeds, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): University Of Leeds, UK
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the University Of Leeds Sanctuary Scholarship 2023/2024;
- Be a forced migrant to the United Kingdom (a person displaced from their homeland or place of residence for political, economic, ethnic, environmental, or human rights pressures)
- Be unable to access mainstream funding, for example from Student Finance England or a local authority grant
- Have already applied to study at the University in the 2023/24 academic year – you must have received your offer by the scholarship closing date in May 2023.
- Not have a degree from a UK university of the same level or higher that you wish to study at Leeds in 2023/24
Aside meeting the above eligibility, applicants must also have one of the following:
- Asylum Seeker – currently seeking asylum within the UK or Refused Asylum Seeker where your application for refugee status has been denied and a fresh claim is in process
- Refugee status or the spouse or child of someone with refugee status
- Limited or Discretionary leave to remain
- Humanitarian Protection status or the spouse or child of someone with Humanitarian Protection status
- Indefinite leave to remain
- Section 67 Leave
- Calais Leave
- Granted leave in the UK under the Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy (ARAP) or the Afghan Citizens Resettlement Scheme (ACRS)
- Granted leave in the UK under the Ukraine Family Scheme, the Homes for Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme or the Ukraine Extension Scheme
Note that to be successful in an application for the Sanctuary Scholarship, you must also be found as eligible for paying tuition fees at the UK rate. If you receive an offer to study that states you are liable for tuition fees at the International rate, please ensure you have gone through the fee assessment process to confirm whether or not this is correct.
Application Procedure for the 2023/2024 University Of Leeds Sanctuary Scholarship (How To Apply):
Interested applicants who meets the above requirements and eligibility criteria are expected to have applied and received a study offer before using the scholarship application online portal which will be opened in March, 2023. And must complete every process on or before the deadline, and also provide all supporting documents. If you have not received your offer to study by this date, we will be unable to consider your application for the Sanctuary Scholarship.
Application Deadline: May 2023
For more information about this opportunity, Visit Official Website.