United Nations 2024 Young Professionals Programme (YPP) for Young Graduates
The United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP) for the year 2024 is currently in its application phase, and all interested candidates are invited to apply. This program specifically targets young graduates who have excelled in their respective fields of expertise. Each year, selected countries participate by nominating candidates to take part in the program.
The UN Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is designed as a recruitment drive to attract skilled and accomplished professionals who aspire to pursue a career as international civil servants within the UN Secretariat. The program comprises a comprehensive entrance examination process, and upon successful selection, participants embark on a journey of professional development as they commence their careers with the United Nations.
The United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is an initiative designed to attract highly qualified young individuals from around the world to work at the United Nations. The program aims to nurture and develop a new generation of talented professionals who are committed to making a positive impact on global issues. The YPP offers opportunities for young people with diverse educational backgrounds to join the UN in various fields such as administration, finance, public information, and social affairs. Candidates undergo a rigorous selection process that includes written exams, interviews, and assessments to assess their skills and suitability for UN work. Successful participants are appointed on a fixed-term contract and provided with valuable on-the-job training and mentorship to enhance their professional growth within the organization. The United Nations Young Professionals Programme serves as a pathway for young professionals to contribute their expertise and ideas to address the complex challenges facing the world today.
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Company/Organisation(s): United Nation
Program Type: Young Professionals Programme (YPP)
Program Location: Various
Program Duration: Not Specified
Available Slot: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: a first-level university degree or diploma
Nationality: Countries that are un- or under-represented in the United Nations
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the United Nation Young Professionals Programme:
- Nationality: Applicants must be a national of a participating country
- Education: Applicants must hold at least a first-level university degree relevant for the exam(at least a relevant Bachelor’s degree or a 3-year equivalent degree)
- Age: Applicants must be 32 years old or younger in the year of the examination
- Language: Applicants must be fluent in either English or French
Application Procedures for the United Nation Young Professionals Programme (How to Apply):
To apply for the United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP), please follow these steps:
- Visit the Inspira platform: Interested applicants should access the Inspira platform to initiate the application process.
- Confirm your eligibility: Thoroughly review the basic application criteria provided on the YPP Home page to ensure that you meet the necessary requirements.
- Review the job opening: Access the job openings specific to each exam area through Inspira or the UN Careers Portal. Take the time to carefully read and understand the requirements mentioned in the job opening.
- Screening and ranking: In cases where more than 40 applicants from the same country are eligible for a particular exam area, a screening and ranking process will take place. This evaluation will be based on factors such as the highest level of education completed, proficiency in official UN languages, and relevant work experience.
- Two-stage exam (if applicable): If the examination process consists of two stages, up to 60 applicants per country/per exam area may be invited to the first stage. From this group, a maximum of 40 applicants per country/per exam area will proceed to the second stage.
By following these steps, interested candidates can apply for the United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP) and begin their journey towards a career as an international civil servant with the UN Secretariat.
Application Deadline: July 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website