Schwarzman Scholars Programme 2023 for International Students
Through a one-year Master’s Degree program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, which is one of China’s top-ranked universities, the Schwarzman Scholars initiative will provide the most exceptional and brilliant students globally with a chance to enhance their leadership abilities and professional networks.
Schwarzman Scholars will constitute the most substantial philanthropic endeavor ever carried out in China by primarily international contributors, with a $350 million endowment. The remarkable students chosen to be Schwarzman Scholars will be awarded a full scholarship.
The creation of the Schwarzman Scholars initiative was influenced by the Rhodes Scholarship, which was founded in 1902 to foster global understanding and peace, and aims to tackle the challenges of the present and future. The co-founder of Blackstone, Stephen A. Schwarzman, personally contributed $100 million to the project and is spearheading a fundraising campaign to collect an additional $350 million from private sources to finance the program indefinitely. The endowment of $450 million will enable the support of up to 200 scholars each year from around the world, including the United States and China, to undertake a one-year Master’s Degree program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of China’s most renowned universities and an essential center for the country’s scientific and technological research.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in China
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Schwarzman, China
Scholarship Type: Academic Award
Host Institution(s): Tsinghua University
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Masters
Nationality: All Countries
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria Schwarzman Scholars Programme for International Students:
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent. Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before orientation begins in 1 August 2023. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it will be important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- Age. Applicants must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of 1 August 2023
- Citizenship. There are no citizenship or nationality requirements
- English language proficiency. Applicants must demonstrate strong English Language skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. Acceptable test options are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT)
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- This requirement is waived for applicants who graduated from an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least three years of the applicant’s academic program.
Scholarship Benefits for the Schwarzman Scholars Programme for International Students:
- Semi-finalist interview expenses, such as economy class air or train travel, group meals and one night in a hotel if needed, will be arranged and covered by the program.
- Expenses for successful Schwarzman Scholars are also FULLY covered by the program.
- It will include Tuition and fees, Room and board, Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year, An in-country study tour,
- Required course books and supplies, Lenovo laptop and smartphone, Health insurance, and
- A modest personal stipend
- Economics and Business
- International Studies
- Public Policy
Application Procedures for the Schwarzman Scholars Programme for International Students (How to apply):
Submitting an application to the Schwarzman Scholars program is free of charge. To apply, you’ll need to complete an online application form and fulfill all prerequisites, including submitting necessary documents and essays, and ensure its successful submission.
Application Deadline: September 19, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website