University of Melbourne 2023 Research Training Program Scholarship (Fully-funded)
Applications are currently being accepted for the University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship, which offers eligible students the chance to pursue a Master’s by Research or doctoral degree program. This opportunity is open to both domestic Australian students and international students who meet the specified criteria.
The Scholarship for the Research Training Program (Fee Offset) provides a complete offset of tuition fees for up to two years for students pursuing a Master’s by Research degree and up to four years for students pursuing a doctoral degree. The scholarship covers 100% of the tuition fees and offers up to $110,000 in financial support. Eligible candidates are evaluated and ranked based on their academic performance in their most recent completed degree, as well as their research potential in their chosen field of study. The selection process may also consider other factors such as relevant work experience, publications in peer-reviewed journals, specialized medical qualifications, or original musical compositions.
High-achieving research students, both domestic and international, can receive a scholarship offered jointly by the Australian Commonwealth Government and the University of Melbourne. The Research Training Program Scholarship recognizes academic excellence and includes a stipend and fee offset for eligible students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Commonwealth Government
Host Institution(s): University of Melbourne, Australia
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded with 100% fee remission and up to $110,000.
Number of Awards: Approximately 350
Nationality: Australian / domestic and International students.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship:
- Applicants must be Australian / domestic and International students.
- Applicants must have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne or
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- Applicants must have proof of English Language proficiency.
Scholarship Benefits for the University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship:
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Living allowance of $34,400 per year pro rata (2023 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia.
Application Procedures for the University of Melbourne Research Training Program Scholarship (How to Apply):
If you have submitted an application for a graduate research program by the application deadline, you do not have to apply for a scholarship separately. You will be automatically considered for a variety of graduate research scholarships within seven days of submitting your program application.
However, if you have already received an offer for a graduate research program and have deferred your start date to the following year or if you are currently enrolled in a graduate research program and want to apply for a scholarship, you will need to fill out an online application form.
For more information Visit the Official Website