MasterCard Foundation 2023 Scholars Program at the University of Pretoria
Are you equipped with the potential to make a positive impact in Africa? African students now have the opportunity to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Pretoria (UP). The program is currently accepting applications from individuals interested in becoming Mastercard Foundation Scholars at the University of Pretoria in South Africa for the year 2023.
The Mastercard Foundation provides a comprehensive scholarship to students who have applied for and been accepted into specific programs at the University of Pretoria. The eligible postgraduate study programs include those offered by the Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences, and the Faculty of Humanities (specifically, the BPolSci program with a focus on Political Studies or International Studies only). Additionally, applications for Honours and Masters degrees will be considered in the field of Engineering, but only for continuing students.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is a global initiative with a duration of 10 years and a funding amount of $500 million. Its purpose is to provide education and foster the development of future leaders who will contribute to social and economic transformation. As part of this program, the University of Pretoria (UP) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) to offer scholarships to deserving African students who are interested in pursuing postgraduate studies.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in South Africa
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation (MCF)
Host Institution(s): The University of Pretoria (UP)
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount not stated)
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Masters
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UP:
- Candidates should be citizens from Africa.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project e. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
Application Procedures for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UP (How to Apply):
To apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Pretoria (UP), please follow the application process outlined below:
- Start by applying online at www.up.ac.za/apply. Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form.
- For further information, you can contact +27 (0)12 420 4297/6621 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries related to undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
- Once you have submitted your application, it will be evaluated by the relevant faculty members.
- The faculty will notify you regarding your admission status.
- If you have been admitted, reach out to email@example.com promptly to initiate the application process for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
- It is important for successful Mastercard Foundation Scholars to have a valid passport to facilitate a prompt visa application.
Please note that the application period for studies at UP opens on 1st March and closes on the 30th August of the year preceding the year of study.
Application Deadline: 30th August, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website