University of Tokyo 2024 Amgen Scholars Program
University of Tokyo is offering motivated and talented undergraduate students from all over the world with an opportunity to experience scientific research at the 2024 Amgen Scholars Program, Interested applicants are encouraged to apply
Students are expected to acquire knowledge and skills for conducting research. The students are also expected to extend their international friendship through the collaborative experiences.
The objective of the University of Tokyo Scholarship is to provide undergraduate students from different countries (including some from Japan) who are committed to or who are considering a career in biology or related sciences and looking to continue to graduate studies, with eight weeks of biomedical research experience in the basic and translational sciences
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in China
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Tokyo
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Tokyo
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Scholarships Worth: Not Specified
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: All Countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the University of Tokyo Scholarship:
- Attending colleges or universities across the Asia region that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent)
- At the minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins
- not graduating before the summer program begins, and will resume undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter after the summer program ends
- Have a strong record of academic performance
- Have a good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72
- Have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D
Benefits for the University of Tokyo Scholarship:
- Stipend: 270,000 JPY
- The stipend can be used freely to budget for food and any personal trips during your stay in Japan.
- Travel Cost:
- Economy-class airfare to Tokyo, or round-trip train tickets for domestic students, will be provided for program participation.
- The most economical route and schedule will be determined through discussions between participants and the program office.
- If the schedule is changed due to personal reasons, participants will be required to reimburse the University of Tokyo for the cost of initially arranged airfares
Application Procedures for the University of Tokyo Scholarship (How to apply):
- To apply, please first review the “Eligibility & Requirements” section.
- All applications must be submitted through the designated online application system, The Admissions Office (hereinafter TAO).
- Please note that once you submit your application, you cannot make any changes.
- Applicants will be notified of the selection results in the middle to late March of 2024
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
For more information visit the official website