Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2023
Applications for the Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2023 are currently going from suitably qualified applicants from all over the world to submitting their essays and standing a chance to win USD 1,000 plus other prizes.
The Goi Peace Foundation has organized the International Essay Contest as a way to tap into the imagination, energy, and initiative of the world’s youth to promote a culture of peace and sustainable growth. The contest also seeks to motivate people to consider how each of us can make a positive change in the world. This program is part of UNESCO’s Education for Sustainable Development initiative, which works to accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030.
The International Essay contest is organized by Goi Peace Foundation under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, Japan Private High School Federation
Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Nikkei Inc, and supported by SEIKO GROUP CORPORATION, PLUS THE CORPORATION
The theme for Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2023:
“Youth Creating a Peaceful Future”
How can we, as young people, create a more peaceful world? What are some creative ways we can work together to achieve a peaceful future? Please share your specific ideas.
Eligibility for the Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2023:
- Anyone aged 25 or younger (as of June 15, 2023) can submit an essay, which must be placed in either the Children (ages up to 14) or the Youth (ages 15 to 25) category.
- Essays must be typed and must not exceed 700 words in English or French, or 1600 characters in Japanese.
- The title and name of the author must be included at the top of the first page.
- There are no specific rules for font style, size, or line spacing when formatting an essay. However, the essay must be submitted in either a Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF file.
Awards for the Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest 2023:
The Children’s category will receive awards, as will the Youth category.
- 1st Prize: Certificate, the prize of 100,000 Yen approx. US$740
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, the prize of 50,000 Yen approx. US$370
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift
- The first, second, and third prize winners will be invited to attend the Winners Gathering virtually.
- If applicable, extra prizes (such as the Best School Award and the School Incentive Award) will be given out.
- The winners of the prize will be revealed on this website on October 31, 2023 (Japan time). Certificates and presents will be sent out to the successful recipients in December 2023.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2023.
For more information about this opportunity, Visit Official Website.