Ghent University Special Research Fund 2024 Scholarships
The Special Research Fund PhD Scholarships at Ghent University are currently accepting applications 2024 academic session. We invite qualified candidates from developing nations to apply for the their studies in the United Kingdom.
Ghent university wants to encourage more female researchers to apply for this scholarship. That is why a Ghent University supervisor can support maximum 2 candidates per call on condition they are both of a different gender
The scholarship aims to assist talented doctoral candidates who intend to conduct a portion of their doctoral research at Ghent University and the remaining portion at a university in a developing country, with financial support from the ‘Special Research Fund’ (BOF)
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in UK
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Ghent University (Special Research Fund)
Scholarships to be taken at: Ghent University
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Scholarship Level: PhD
Nationality: Developing Countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Ghent University Special Research Fund:
- Applicants must be international student from developing countries
- Applications must be submitted on the application forms provided for this purpose which will be assessed by the Research council.
- Applicants are to note that the scholarship is highly competitive and the applicants will be selected based on their Bachelor and Master degree results.
- Applicants will also be assessed by their doctoral project, relevance of the research topic for development and capacity building.
- The scientific and scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s); the partnership between Ghent University and the Local Institutes as well as the scientific/ scholarly disposition of the local institute
Benefits for the Ghent University Special Research Fund:
- PhD scholarship at Ghent University (in total 24 months)
- The Ghent University receives a bench fee of € 310/per month of research in Ghent + €8000 travel budget to cover (part of) the operational costs of research
Application Procedure for the Ghent University Special Research Fund (How to Apply):
To seek the Ghent University Special Research Fund PhD Scholarships, candidates should submit the application form to BOFapplication@ugent.be. Additionally, the applicant’s Ghent University supervisor must provide a recommendation assessing the candidate’s potential as a future researcher. Furthermore, advice on the ethical and biosafety aspects of the proposed research project should also be included in the submission.
Application Deadline: 20 February 2024
For more information Visit the Official Website