Fully Funded 2024 University of Edinburgh PhD Scholarships
International PhD applicants have the chance to take advantage of fully funded research projects. These projects are primarily funded by research councils based on specific needs. The availability of funded research projects varies considerably across different subject areas.
The University of Edinburgh, nestled in the heart of Scotland’s capital, stands as a renowned institution with a rich history dating back to 1582. Boasting a diverse and vibrant academic community, it is known for its commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and innovation.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in UK
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
Host Institution(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarship Type: Graduate Research Scholarships
Scholarship Worth: Partial to Full Cost of the Research Program
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: PhD
Nationality: International students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the University of Edinburgh Funded PhD Scholarships:
- Funded projects tend to have early academic year deadlines, so be prepared to apply before January in the year before you plan to start your studies.
- Projects and studentships can be advertised in different places. The majority will be listed on FindaPhd.com and displayed below, but you should also check school and research centre/institute websites.
- Check the funding status and eligibility criteria of the project you are interested in. If there is no funding attached to it, then you will need to research other funding opportunities in order to finance your research.
- Some projects may require you to submit a research proposal as part of your application, or to contact a supervisor before you apply, but others won’t, so make sure you check the application requirements for what you need to submit.
- Application for PhD projects are usually made through the University of Edinburgh’s degree finder; however, there may be some exceptions. If you are in doubt, ask the project’s lead contact.
The University of Edinburgh PhD Research Scholarships are usually offered in medical, scientific and technical disciplines, where the cost of research is high and where defined projects may be used to contribute to a wider area of research. However, it is still worth checking to see if any funded research projects are available in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Application Procedures for the University of Edinburgh Funded PhD Scholarships (How to Apply):
During the application process, candidates must first enroll in an eligible PhD degree program. Subsequently, candidates can then apply for funding through the University’s admissions portal, known as EUCLID.
Application Deadline: Varies
For more information Visit the Official website