Commonwealth 2024 PhD Scholarships for Least Developed Countries at King’s College London
King’s College London is currently accepting applications for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for Least Developed Countries as part of a collaborative agreement with the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for the 2024/2025 academic session.
The UK Government sponsors Commonwealth PhD Scholarships specifically for candidates from the least developed countries and fragile States within the Commonwealth, as identified by the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC). These scholarships support full-time doctoral studies at King’s College London.
King’s College, located in the heart of London, is a renowned institution with a rich history dating back to its foundation in 1829. As part of the prestigious University of London, King’s College is celebrated for its academic excellence and diverse range of programs.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in UK
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Host Institution(s): King’s College London, UK
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: PhD
Nationality: See eligible countries (below)
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for Least Developed Countries at King’s College London:
- Applicants must be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Applicants must be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Applicants must be available to start academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024
- By September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university or in your home country before September/October 2024
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
Eligible Countries for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for Least Developed Countries at King’s College London:
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- The Gambia
Application Procedures for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for Least Developed Countries at King’s College London (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships at King’s College London should complete and submit the online application form before the specified deadline. Nominations from agencies to the CSC are expected by December 2023. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by July 2024. It’s crucial for candidates to regularly check their email accounts, including junk and spam folders, as failure to respond promptly may result in the withdrawal of a scholarship offer.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more information Visit the Official Website