French 2024 Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship (Fully Funded)
The FIAS Fellowship Programme provides 10-month fellowships at six prestigious Institutes in France: Aix-Marseille, Loire Valley, Lyon, Montpellier, Nantes, and Paris. This program invites applications from accomplished international scholars and scientists specializing primarily in the social sciences and humanities (SSH).
The fellows participating in the program will enjoy the advantages of a supportive and stimulating scientific environment provided by the IAS. This includes an interdisciplinary community of fellows and strong connections to the local research resources. The fellows will have the freedom to structure their work and conduct research according to their own preferences.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Fellowship Sponsor(s): French Institutes for Advanced Study, France
Fellowship Type: Fully-funded
Host Institution(s): French Institutes for Advanced Study, France
Fellowship Worth: Living allowance of €2,700 per month, accommodation, etc.
Number of Awards: 40
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Student
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship 2024:
- Applicants will have to be in possession of a doctoral degree plus 2 years of full-time research experience after the degree. Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience.
- Applicants must fulfil the transnational MSCA mobility rule: incoming researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- The Programme is open to all Social Sciences and the Humanities
- Applicants must provide full application forms and all requested documents through the online application platform. Incomplete and late applications are not considered eligible. Applications not complying with the maximum length criteria will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English (also partially) will not be considered.
Fellowship Benefits for the French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship 2024:
- A net living allowance (equivalent to take-home pay) of €2,700 per month
- Two flexible contractual options, considering individual situations: work contracts or paid leave
- Adequate social security coverage
- Accommodation or support for relocation
- An individual research and training budget equivalent to €2,500 per year
- Travel expenses (one round trip from the fellow home country)
- Same working conditions as the IAS’ other fellows, including individual offices, special access and lending privileges in university-based research libraries, IT services, multiple collective spaces
- Skills training opportunities
Application Procedures for the French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship 2024 (How to Apply):
To apply for the program, applicants must exclusively complete the application process through the FIAS website. They are required to create a user account by clicking on the arrow located in the upper right corner of the FIAS webpage.
The application materials required, which should be submitted in English, include:
- The completed online application form.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae that includes a detailed list of publications.
- A copy of the diploma.
- A detailed research proposal with a maximum length of 5 pages, along with a bibliography (an additional page may be included).
- A selection of three to five publications, such as articles or book chapters.
- A letter of support or interest from a local scientific partner affiliated with the IAS. This requirement is only mandatory for Le Studium (Loire Valley IAS), the Collegium de Lyon, MAK’IT (Montpellier IAS), and the Paris IAS.
- Optional: Up to two letters of recommendation.
All of these materials should be submitted as part of the application process.
Application Deadline: June 6, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website