Commonwealth Shared 2024 Scholarship at University of Edinburgh, UK
The Commonwealth Shared 2024 Scholarship is now open for application. The University of Edinburgh welcomes students from developing Commonwealth countries to apply a study opportunity.
The Commonwealth Scholarships Commission requires that the University certify when submitting its shortlist of candidates that they are sufficiently proficient in the English language to cope with the programme of study for which they have applied.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme, a collaboration between the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and various UK universities, including the University of Edinburgh, aims to collectively provide scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth nations who may face challenges in pursuing studies in the United Kingdom.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in UK
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Commonwealth, DFID and UK Universities
Host Institution(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
Funding Amount: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Masters
Nationality: Developing Countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024
- By September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not have studied or worked for more than one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK university without this Scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Global Crime, Justice and Security
- MSc Future Governance
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Planetary Health
- MSc International Development
Benefits for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship:
- All tuition fees;
- Air fare to and from the United Kingdom;
- Expenses for accommodation and maintenance. Payments for the academic year 2023-2024 are set at £1,347 per month for the programme of study.
Application Procedures for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship (How to apply):
To apply for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme, utilize the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS). Additional information, along with instructions on accessing the Electronic Application System (EAS), is available on the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission’s website.
Application Deadline: December 14, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website