Call for Applications at Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA 2023 Research Fund
We are currently seeking applications from eligible individuals in Africa for the 2023 Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund. This fund, initiated in 2012, has received substantial backing from The ALBORADA Trust, facilitating partnerships between University of Cambridge researchers and institutions in sub-Saharan Africa.
The fund provides assistance to pairs of researchers, both at post-doctoral level and beyond, who hail from the University of Cambridge or its affiliated institutions, as well as African institutions located in sub-Saharan Africa. Its purpose is to facilitate the initiation or enhancement of research partnerships between these entities.
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund:
- There must exist a research collaboration between applicants from Cambridge and sub-Saharan African institution where both applicants agree to work together.
- Both applicants must be based at the University of Cambridge or its affiliated institution and a research institution or university in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Both applicants must be at post-doctoral level or above, and by completing an application it is understood that they are both doing so with support from their Head of Department or equivalent.
- Both applicants should have a formal link to a research group/department/faculty in their home institution.
Application Procedures for the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund (How to Apply):
Prospective applicants for the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund 2022 need to complete a savable online application form after registering.
To access the form, Cambridge-based applicants must first Register Here. Registration is open exclusively to individuals with email addresses ending in @cam.ac.uk, @sanger.ac.uk, @babraham.ac.uk, @bas.ac.uk, and @niab.ac.uk.
Once registered, the Cambridge-based applicant should log in to the Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund application form. Here, they will find the option that reads “Invite a 2nd applicant to view/edit this submission.” By clicking on this link, they can invite the Africa-based applicant to register and collaborate on the form.
For the final submission, the following documents should be included:
- Case for support and a lay summary.
- An itemized budget (a provided template can be used).
- A letter of support from the department/faculty of the Cambridge Principal Investigator (PI).
- A letter of support from the department/institution of the African PI.
- CVs (limited to 2 pages) for both the Cambridge and Africa PIs.
- Contact information for two referees should also be provided.
Application Deadline: 4th September 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website