AAU International Fellowships 2023 Program for Graduate and Postgraduate Students
The AAU International Fellowships for Graduate and Postgraduate Studies in the United States are currently accepting applications from qualified and outstanding candidates who have displayed academic excellence and a strong dedication to advancing the cause of women and girls.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by the application deadline and have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application. Recipients of the fellowship are chosen based on their academic achievement and demonstrated dedication to the advancement of women and girls.
The International Fellowships program has been in existence since 1917 and offers a limited number of awards to female members of Graduate Women International (see the list of GWI affiliates) who wish to pursue graduate or postgraduate studies outside of their home country (excluding the United States). The program also provides support for those pursuing such studies at accredited institutions in the United States.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): AAU International
Host Institution(s): Institutions of learning in the United States
Fellowship Worth: $20,000 – $50,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduates and Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the AAU International Fellowships for Graduates:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2022.
- Intend to devote themselves full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career and upon completion of their studies.
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting one of the Required Components (see below), which include certain English proficiency exams, transcripts from English-speaking institutions, or a written statement verifying English is the applicant’s native language. Applicants planning to take one of the accepted English proficiency exams should plan for and take the test as early as possible. Please direct questions about the tests to the test provider.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2023, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. While acceptance is not required at the time of application, fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their award acceptance materials.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc. Certificates, associate degrees, and undergraduate degrees are ineligible.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees classified as research degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2023; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available to Graduate Women International members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Applicants can apply for the fellowship for any year of their program but must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
- Doctoral: $25,000
- Postdoctoral: $50,000
- Educational expenses
- Living expenses
- Dependent child care
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences or seminars that does not exceed 10% of the fellowship total.
Application Procedures for the AAU International Fellowships for Graduates (How to Apply):
Those who are eligible and interested in applying for the AAU International Fellowships for Graduate and Postgraduate Studies should complete and submit their applications online. If applicants have any questions or require technical support, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org, which is our technical consultant. When prompted for a program key on the website, please enter AAUW-IF. It is recommended that applicants do not opt out of communications from ISTS in order to ensure that they receive important updates from AAUW.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website