World Bank 2024 Legal Internship Program for International Law Students
Applications are presently being accepted for the World Bank Legal Internship Program for the year 2024. This program, offered by the Legal Vice Presidency of the World Bank, provides enthusiastic law students with a chance to gain insight into the goals and operations of both the World Bank and the Legal Vice Presidency.
The program aims to offer interns firsthand exposure to the World Bank’s daily operations. This opportunity enables students to collaborate closely with exceptional and motivating development professionals within the Legal Vice Presidency.
The World Bank Legal Internship Program is a unique opportunity for law students to gain firsthand experience in the daily operations of the World Bank and its Legal Vice Presidency. This program offers a chance for highly motivated candidates to work alongside exceptional development professionals, while also honing their legal skills and contributing to the World Bank’s mission of poverty reduction and sustainable development. Interns are expected to submit a variety of application documents, including a resume, statement of interest, proof of enrollment in a law degree program, and a short essay responding to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency. It’s a valuable stepping stone for those passionate about international development and the intersection of law and global issues.
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Company/Organisation(s): World Bank Group
Program Type: Student Internship
Program Location: Washington DC/Other locations
Program Duration: 2 – 6 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Law Students
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the World Bank Legal Internship Program:
- You hold citizenship of any IBRD member state
- You are enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program while you would be undertaking your internship with us? (e.g. if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in an eligible legal academic program between June and August)
- You have an excellent command of the English language
How to Apply for the World Bank Legal Internship Program:
Candidates who are both interested and meet the qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications, which should include the following documents, through the provided link [application link]:
- Statement of Interest
- Evidence of enrollment in a law degree program (such as LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) along with academic transcript(s).
- A brief essay in response to a research question presented by the Legal Vice Presidency for the current application period.
Application Deadline: Varies per round
For more information Visit the Official Website