Western Oregon University 2024 Graduate Assistantship Program
Western Oregon University 2024 Graduate Assistantship Program for International Students is accepting applications from qualified candidates who wish to be part of the research program in the institute
The Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program aims to help international students cover financial deficits in sponsoring their Master’s degree courses
Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program for International Students is a form of student employment, earning a compensation package including both salary and tuition remission for the performance of research or teaching services to the University as part of a student’s academic and professional training and development
Fellowship Sponsor(s): NEC – Western Oregon University
Host Institution: NEC – Western Oregon University
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduate Postgraduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program:
- The student must be fully admitted to a master’s degree program at Western Oregon University.
- The graduate assistant duties must relate to the student’s graduate program and/or career expectations. Assistantship must begin no later than the start of week one of the term.
- The student must have an approved program for a WOU master’s degree on file in the Graduate Programs office no later than the first week of the term in which the student holds the assistantship.
- To be considered for renewal, the graduate assistant must meet all of the following criteria
- Have a grade point average of at least 3.00 on all graduate hours taken.
- Have no more than 8 credits of C grades.
- Have no grades of D or F.
- Enroll in a minimum of eight/nine and maximum of sixteen hours of graduate work each term.
- During summer term a student can enroll in as few as three credits.
- During your last term of enrollment, a student may be under the eight/nine credit requirement in order to finish their program.
- Satisfactory ratings (average score of 3) for all supervisor evaluations received the previous term.
Benefits for the Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program:
- Each Graduate Assistant will receive $1176 per month for 9 months.
- Graduate students appointed by the University are paid at established institutional salary rates and are exempt from the payment of the instruction fee (tuition), on the first twelve (12) graduate credit hours per term.
- Graduate assistants are assessed and are individually responsible for payment of the building fee, incidental fee, health fee, one-time matriculation fee, online fee and any other fees approved for the University according to the graduate student fee schedule. See WOU tuition and fees schedule
- When an assistant is authorized to register for more than twelve (12) graduate credit hours per term, the institution shall charge the assistant the resident rate for additional instruction fee for the excess of the twelve-credit hour limit
Application Procedures for the Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program (How to apply):
Prospective candidates who are both interested and qualified are encouraged to utilize the opportunity
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
For more information visit the official website