The Ontario Trillium 2023 Scholarship in Canada Fully Funded
The Ontario Trillium Scholarship is a program established by Western University in Ontario, Canada, aimed at enticing exceptionally qualified international students to pursue fully funded studies in Canada. This prestigious scholarship provides recipients with an annual grant of $40,000 and can be renewed for a maximum duration of 4 years. Its primary focus is on attracting outstanding international PhD students to Ontario.
Typically, in order to be eligible for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship, prospective students are advised to express their interest to the chair of the graduate program as part of their application to Western University. By doing so, they become candidates for the scholarship competition. The Graduate Chair then nominates qualified students for the scholarship based on their eligibility and qualifications.
Located in Ontario, Canada, Western University is a prestigious educational institution renowned for its commitment to academic excellence and research innovation. With a rich history dating back to 1878, Western University offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines. The university prides itself on providing a supportive and engaging learning environment that fosters critical thinking, creativity, and global perspectives. With world-class faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and a vibrant campus community, Western University serves as a hub for intellectual growth, personal development, and the pursuit of knowledge.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Canada
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Western University, Canada
Host Institution(s): Western University
Scholarship Worth: $40,000 per year for 4 years
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship:
Eligibility for Nomination:
- Must be an international applicant
- Must intend to pursue full-time doctoral studies at Western
- Must not be currently studying at an Ontario institution at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Must have a first-class average, 80% or higher as calculated at time of admission to Western
Eligibility to Hold the Award:
- Must remain registered as a full-time Doctoral student in an eligible program at Western for the duration of award
- Must not concurrently hold a Tri-Council award, an OGS or an QEIIGSST
- Annual renewal of award is contingent on satisfactory progress and continued first-class standing in the program
- A recipient may continue to hold the OTS should he/she become a permanent resident of Canada during the tenure of the award
Value and Duration of Scholarship
- $40,000 per year renewable for up to 4 years, and will begin concurrently with the start of the recipient’s PhD program.
- See the scholarship Terms and Conditions
Application Procedures for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship (How to Apply):
To be considered for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship, students who are interested must first apply for a postgraduate program at Western University in Canada. As part of their application, they should explicitly state their interest in being considered for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship. It is important to note that the application processes for the scholarship are revised and updated on an annual basis.
Application Deadline: Varies with Program.
For more information Visit the Official Website