Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation 2024 Scholarship in Canada
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is providing an opportunity for doctoral researchers to pursue their doctoral studies and research in the fields of Social Sciences and Humanities at any Canadian University of their choosing. This scholarship opportunity is available for the academic sessions of 2024/2025.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship is seeking candidates who possess exceptional abilities to conduct groundbreaking research that addresses real-life challenges. The scholarship aims to shape scholars into influential leaders who understand the impact of their research and can effectively integrate it into everyday life. By fostering this integration, the scholarship program aims to develop scholars who can make a tangible difference in society.
The Trudeau Foundation scholarship program will span over three years and offer comprehensive support to doctoral researchers. This support includes a stipend, research funding, and a travel allowance. In the first year of their studies, scholars will undergo mandatory leadership training facilitated by mentors who are leaders in various sectors such as the public, private, and non-profit sectors. During the second year, scholars will collaborate with mentors and fellows to collectively plan and participate in a public conference. The structure of the conference will be flexible and led by the scholars themselves. In the third and final year of the program, scholars will engage in knowledge dissemination activities and continue working with mentors and fellows to share the insights gained throughout their term with the Foundation.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Canada
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Canadian Universities
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Domestic and International students.
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship:
- You must be already accepted into or in year one or two of a full-time doctoral program, and expected to complete your doctoral studies in 2026 or later.
- Your field of study is broadly related to the humanities or human sciences of direct relevance to the future of Canada.
- Your doctoral work must relate to at least one of the Foundation’s Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, People and their Natural Environment.
- Be a Canadian citizen studying at a Canadian or foreign institution, or a non-Canadian (permanent resident of Canada or foreign national) enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution.
Benefits for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship:
- Membership in a vibrant community of Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows, all of whom are leaders in their respective disciplines and sectors
- Leadership training from our Mentors and Fellows, including unique experiential learning opportunities that enrich and complement their academic experience
- Opportunities to acquire greater proficiency in Canada’s official languages (French and English) as well as Indigenous languages
- Lifelong membership in the Foundation’s alumni network.
- Up to $40,000 per year for three years to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses to focus on their doctoral studies and the Foundation’s leadership program
- Up to $20,000 per year for three years, for the learning of languages (see below), for travel and accommodations for the Foundation’s leadership program and for research, networking, and travel related to their doctoral research
Application Procedures for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship (How to Apply):
To apply for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship for Doctoral Studies, interested candidates need to create an account on the scholarship’s official website and complete the application form. As part of the application process, applicants will be asked to upload their transcripts to provide academic records. Additionally, applicants will need to secure recommendation letters from their referees, who can provide insights into the applicant’s qualifications and potential. These documents play a crucial role in the evaluation of the candidates for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: To be Updated
For more information Visit the Official Website