NNPC/Shell Sabbatical Program 2024 for Nigerian Lecturers
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/SPDC/Total Energies and NAOC Joint venture, is welcoming applications from eligible candidates for the 2024 cycle of Sabbatical positions and Postgraduate Research Internship.
The Sabbatical Program by NNPC and Shell for Nigerian Lecturers presents university educators with a chance to engage in research that adds value to Shell Companies in Nigeria. Additionally, it allows them to acquire industry-relevant experience and explore opportunities for teaching at designated academic institutions.
The NNPC/Shell Sabbatical Program for Nigerian Lecturers is an excellent opportunity for university educators. This program not only allows them to conduct valuable research contributing to Shell Companies in Nigeria but also provides a platform to gain industry-specific experience
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Company/Organisation(s): NNPC/Shell Petroluem
Program Type: Traineeship
Program Location: Nigeria
Program Duration: 12 months
Available Slot: Not Stated
Basic Qualifications: Senior lecturers
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the NNPC/Shell Sabbatical Program for Nigerian Lecturers:
- Open to senior lecturers and above. Candidates who will be over 60 years by January 2, 2024, should not apply.
- Applicants who have previously participated in the program will not be considered.
- Teams / Disciplines for the NNPC/Shell Sabbatical Program for Nigerian Lecturers :
- Environment: Impact Assessment and Biodiversity, Environmental Toxicology, Air Quality Assessment, Hydrobiology, Water Chemistry, Hydrogeology, Ecology, etc.
- Corporate Relations: Encompasses Social Performance, Stakeholder Relations, and Host Community Development Trust (HCDT) Implementation, focusing on Social Impact Assessment and Management.
- Community Health: Consultant Community Health, Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Pediatrics.
- Geology: Petroleum/Sedimentology or Structural Geology.
- Nigerian Content Development: Process and Project Engineering.
- Oil Spill Response: Environmental Remediation with Specialization in Ground Water Remediation.
- NNPC/SPDC-JV Centre of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering, University of Benin, Benin City: Geology, Geophysics, and Petroleum Engineering.
- NNPC/SPDC-JV Centre of Excellence in Marine and Offshore Engineering, Rivers State University, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt: Marine/Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture, and Mechanical Engineering.
Application Procedures for the NNPC/Shell Sabbatical Program for Nigerian Lecturers (How to apply):
Candidates who are interested and meet the qualifications are encouraged to submit their application, which should include a cover letter, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (including contact phone number, email address, and details of three referees), and a one-page summary outlining how the candidate plans to contribute to the SCN business throughout the one-year program. All documents should be sent to SPDC-University-Relations@shell.com, with the job title specified as the email subject.
- Sabbatical positions are highly competitive. Selection will be based on proposals that are relevant to SCiN business objectives.
- SPDC and its Joint Venture Partners DO NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- SPDC and its Joint Venture Partners DO NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/’Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Application Deadline: November 13, 2023
For more information visit the official website