Kader Asmal 2024 Fellowship for Postgraduate Study in Ireland
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for the Kader Asmal Fellowship program, which presents a fully funded scholarship chance for South African students to pursue Master’s level studies at prestigious Higher Education Institutions in Ireland.
The primary objective of the Fellowship program is to provide support to individuals who may not have the means to pursue Master’s level education in Ireland. This initiative is specifically aimed at early career professionals in South Africa, who show promise in leadership and have the potential to contribute to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals. Additionally, the program also focuses on empowering women by fostering their leadership skills and encouraging their participation in STEM fields.
The Kader Asmal Fellowship is a fully funded scholarship program designed to support South African students at the Master’s level in Ireland’s renowned Higher Education Institutions. The fellowship aims to provide opportunities for individuals who might not otherwise have access to higher education in Ireland. It specifically targets early career professionals with leadership potential and a commitment to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals. Additionally, the program focuses on empowering women by encouraging their participation in STEM fields and nurturing their leadership capabilities. Prospective applicants are required to complete an online application, ensuring all necessary information is provided to be considered for this prestigious fellowship.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Company/Organisation(s): Irish Aid
Program Type: Postgraduate Fellowship
Program Location: Ireland
Program Duration: 10-16 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
Nationality: South Africans
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Kader Asmal Fellowship:
- Be a resident national of South Africa.
- Have a minimum of two years’ substantial work experience that is directly relevant to your proposed programme(s) of study.
- Hold a bachelor’s level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognised higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) – i.e. a first class honour, or second class honour, Grade 1 (a second class honour Grade 2 may be accepted if the applicant has substantial directly relevant work experience). It must have been awarded in 2012 or later (i.e. within the last 12 years).
- Not already hold a qualification at master’s level or higher. Not currently undertaking a programme at master’s level or higher, or be due to start a programme at master’s level or higher in the academic year 2023/24.
- Be applying to commence a new programme at master’s level in Ireland no sooner than August 2024.
- Be able to demonstrate the following: leadership abilities and aspirations; a commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within your own country; and a commitment to contribute to building positive relationships with Ireland.
- Have identified and selected three programmes relevant to your academic and professional background from the Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for all programmes chosen.
- Must not have applied to the Ireland Fellows Programme on more than one previous occasion.
- Be in a position to take up the Fellowship in the academic year 2024/2025.
Benefits for the Kader Asmal Fellowship:
- Course fees
- Monthly allowance
- Cost of flights
- Insurance and other incidental expenses
Application Procedures for the Kader Asmal Fellowship (How to Apply):
Those interested in the Kader Asmal Fellowship must submit their applications online before the specified deadline. It is essential for applicants to furnish all the required information, as incomplete applications will not be considered for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more information Visit the Official Website