Government of the Slovak Republic 2024 Scholarships for international students
The Slovak Republic’s government presently provides the National Scholarships Program for global students, aiming to facilitate the movement of students, PhD candidates, university educators, researchers, and artists during their scholarship periods at higher education institutions and research organizations in Slovakia.
The program provides scholarships that encompass living expenses throughout the stay and travel allowances. This applies to all categories for scholarship recipients from Slovakia and specifically to students and PhD candidates among international scholarship awardees.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Government of the Slovak Republic
Host Institution(s): Universities in Slovak Republic
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists
Nationality: Domestic or International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Government of the Slovak Republic Scholarships for international students:
- Are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- Are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of the application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same/similar study programme;
- Will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state higher education institution in Slovakia for an academic mobility to study in Slovakia.
- All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (PhD) studies (or their equivalent).
- Duration of a scholarship stay (students): 1 – 2 full semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or 1 – 3 full trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 months).
- PhD students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state higher education institution or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility to study/conduct research/artistic stay in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
- International university teachers, researchers and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a business company and it has it seat in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (university teachers, researchers or artists): 1 – 10 months.
Application Procedures for the Government of the Slovak Republic Scholarships for international students (How to Apply):
To apply for scholarships, you can submit your applications online at www.scholarships.sk. The online application system becomes accessible at least 6 weeks before the application deadline. You are only able to complete applications when the online application system is open.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website