ESCWA 2023 Internship Program for Graduate and Postgraduate Students
Applications are currently being accepted for the ESCWA Internship Programme by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia. This opportunity welcomes enthusiastic candidates who are eligible and eager to participate, providing them with valuable experiences to tackle upcoming challenges.
The objective of the program is to facilitate the placement of graduate and postgraduate students with diverse academic backgrounds at ESCWA. Through practical work assignments in the fields of economics, social sciences, and administration, the program aims to enrich their educational journey. It also aims to familiarize them with the operations of a United Nations regional commission while assisting ESCWA by utilizing the expertise of skilled students in various professional domains.
Furthermore, the program also supports ESCWA in implementing its initiatives by engaging exceptional young students and professionals who specialize in fields relevant to their work. These fields encompass a wide range of disciplines such as agriculture, computer science, demography, economics, energy, engineering, environment, finance, international relations, journalism, mass media, political economy, public administration, sociology, statistics, translation, and terminology. It is important to note that participation in the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) Internship Programme does not guarantee or imply future employment with the United Nations. According to applicable United Nations policy, there is no expectation of employment following the completion of an internship.
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Internship Location: United Nations regional commission
Internship Duration: 6 Months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Graduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the ESCWA Internship Program for students:
- Applicants must be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Applicants must be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Applicants must be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to interact successfully with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, and a willingness to accommodate differing opinions and views.
Application Procedures for the ESCWA Internship Program for students (How to Apply):
If you are interested in applying for the ESCWA Internship Programme, please visit the website http://careers.un.org. It is important to emphasize that the ESCWA Internship Programme is completely independent of the selection process for employment within the United Nations. According to the relevant United Nations policy, participating in the internship program does not guarantee future employment, and there should be no expectation of employment after the completion of the internship.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information Visit the Official Website