Commonwealth 2023 PhD Scholarships (for high income countries)
Every year, individuals from high income countries who are exceptionally qualified and interested in pursuing a full-time doctoral program in the United Kingdom have the opportunity to apply for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships. The application period for this scholarship typically begins in September, coinciding with the start of the program. This announcement serves as a reminder to start preparing for the application process.
Supported by the UK Department for Education (DfE), Commonwealth PhD Scholarships offer financial support to capable and driven individuals, allowing them to acquire the necessary expertise and capabilities to contribute to sustainable development. These scholarships are specifically designed for those who would otherwise be unable to afford studying in the United Kingdom.
The UK Department for Education (DfE) is a governmental body responsible for shaping and implementing educational policies and initiatives across the United Kingdom. Within the Commonwealth context, the DfE plays a crucial role in funding and supporting various educational programs, including the Commonwealth Scholarships. These scholarships aim to provide talented individuals from Commonwealth countries with the means to pursue higher education in the UK, thereby fostering international collaboration and knowledge exchange. By investing in education and enabling individuals to enhance their knowledge and skills, the DfE contributes to the development of a highly skilled workforce and the promotion of sustainable growth and progress both within the UK and among its Commonwealth partners.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in UK
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Commonwealth UK Department for Education (DfE)
Host Institution(s): Commonwealth Country Universities
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: PhD
Nationality: High income countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be registered for a PhD at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country by the time your Scholarship starts (September 2023)
- Ensure that an institutional or departmental link exists between your home university and your proposed UK university. This link must be greater than simply a collaboration between individuals – see section on ‘Tenure and placement’ for further details. Both supervisors must provide a supporting statement which provides further details of the link to ensure your application is eligible.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK in September 2023
- By September 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this Scholarship
Application Procedures for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (How to Apply):
When the online application portal is open, eligible applicants are welcome to submit their applications for Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships. These prestigious opportunities enable skilled and driven individuals to expand their knowledge and skills in specific fields, with the ultimate aim of making meaningful contributions to sustainable development in their respective home countries.
Application Deadline: To be updated
For more information Visit the Official Website