Amelia Earhart 2024 Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship
The Zonta International Foundation is extending an invitation to eligible and competent candidates to apply for the Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship Grants for the year 2024.
The Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship Grants, valued at up to US$10,000 per recipient, are bestowed upon accomplished female students specializing in specific areas of science and engineering. These awards are granted annually to approximately 35 PhD and doctoral students who are already enrolled in full-time programs.
Since its inception in 1938, the Amelia Earhart Fellowship has been dedicated to honoring the renowned aviator and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. This fellowship program grants annual awards of up to US$10,000 to approximately 35 women who are pursuing Ph.D. or doctoral degrees in aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering. Recipients of the fellowship have the flexibility to undertake their studies at any university or institution of higher learning that provides accredited post-graduate programs and advanced degrees in the fields of aerospace engineering and space sciences.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Zonta International Foundation.
Scholarship to be taken at: Any university or institution of higher learning worldwide.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships/Research Grant
Scholarship level: PhD/Doctoral Study Level
Slots: 35 slots available yearly
Scholarship Worth: Grant is worth up to USD $10,000
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship:
- Applicants for the fellowship should be women enrolled in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral degree and with excellence academic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are eligible.
- In addition to being a registered PhD/Doctoral Student, applicants should also have completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted.
- Applicant’s expected graduation date from the Ph.D/Doctoral program must not be earlier than April 2025.
Important Notes: The following sets of candidates are not eligible to apply for the Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship Grants;
- Applicants in post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Applicants who are members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
- Applicants who have been previously awarded the Amelia Earhart Fellowship are not eligible to apply or to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
Application procedures for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship (How to Apply):
Prospective applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to the Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee using the provided application link.
Upon receipt of the applications, the Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee will thoroughly assess them and identify deserving candidates who meet the award’s criteria. The committee will then recommend these individuals to the Zonta International Board for final approval.
It is important to note that the evaluation process is confidential, and the details of the assessments are not disclosed to the applicants. All applicants are evaluated based on the criteria outlined in the application’s requirements section.
Application Deadline: 15 November, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website