African Development Bank 2024 Internship Program (Paid Internship)
The African Development Bank Internship Program is presently accepting applications from eligible individuals seeking to gain practical and professional experience at the African Development Bank. The program is set to begin in January 2024.
Chosen participants will be assigned to different departments at the Headquarters (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire), as well as the Bank’s Regional and Country Offices. The internship experience can be conducted either remotely or on-site, based on the requirements of the respective hiring units. The Bank has scheduled two internship sessions for the year 2024.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) stands as a pivotal institution fostering economic and social progress across the continent. Headquartered in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, the AfDB plays a crucial role in financing and implementing development projects. With a commitment to poverty reduction and sustainable development, the bank operates in various sectors, including infrastructure, education, health, and private sector development. Through its internship program and other initiatives, the AfDB actively engages with professionals, offering them opportunities to contribute to Africa’s growth. The bank’s mission revolves around promoting inclusive and resilient economies, ultimately uplifting the quality of life for the people of Africa.
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Company/Organisation(s): African Development Bank
Program Type: Internship Program
Program Location: Bank’s Regional and Country Offices
Program Duration: 3 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Currently in master’s level degree program
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the African Development Bank Internship Program:
- Applicants must have attained the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than Thirty (30) years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- Candidates can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Be nationals of the member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrolment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree. Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
- Be able to use the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- The Fields of Study Required for the Internship:
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
Application Procedures for the African Development Bank Internship Program (How to Apply):
Only applicants who submit a comprehensive online application along with an attached Curriculum Vitae (CV) will be taken into consideration.
If you face any technical challenges while submitting your application, kindly reach out via email. Provide a clear description of the issue or attach a screenshot displaying the problem to HRDirect@AFDB.ORG.
Application Deadline: December 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website