MATSUMAE International Foundation Research 2023 Fellowship Program (Fully-funded)
The MATSUMAE International Foundation Research Fellowship Program for the academic session of 2023-2024 is currently accepting applications from candidates who are interested in enrolling.
The grant of the fellowship will only be applicable during the time frame mentioned in the grant letter and cannot be prolonged or reduced. Only the person named in the grant letter is eligible to receive the fellowship.
Only successful applicants are eligible to receive fellowships, which are intended to cover living expenses and research activities in Japan. It’s important to note that the fellowship cannot be transferred to another person. The Matsumae International Fellowship program will not assist with immigration procedures, airline tickets, or accommodation expenses for the family or companions of the selected applicant.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): MATSUMAE International Foundation, Japan
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Host Institution(s): Institution in Japan (Universities, National research institutions)
Scholarship Worth: JPY 220,000 monthly allowance, JPY 120,000 for living cost
Number of Awards: Several
Fellowship Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the MATSUMAE International Foundation Research 2023 Fellowship Program :
- Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all the following requirements are eligible to submit application documents.
- Applicants must obtain an invitation (acceptance) letter from a host institution in Japan prior to application.
- Applicants must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
- Applicants must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time of application.
- Applicants must have sufficient the English or Japanese languages ability.
- Applicants should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan (other than short-term stays such as for sightseeing or conferences)
- Applicants must have an occupation in their home countries, return there upon completing their fellowship tenure, and should contribute to development of their own country.
Fellowship Benefits for the MATSUMAE International Foundation Research 2023 Fellowship Program:
- A monthly allowance of JPY 220,000 is provided to cover expenses for research activities (including materials) and living expenses in Japan.
- JPY 120,000 is provided to cover part of the initial costs of living in Japan.
- Round-trip economy class airfare is provided between the nearest international airport from a grantee’s domicile and Tokyo, Japan.
- Overseas travel insurance with medical treatment and death benefit is provided.
- The MIF invites fellowship recipients to participate in a study tour during their fellowship to deepen their understanding of Japan.
Application Procedures for the MATSUMAE International Foundation Research 2023 Fellowship Program (How to Apply):
To apply, download the application form and complete it accurately. Make sure to attach an ID photograph taken within the last three months. The completed application should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications will not be accepted before or after the application period for any reason.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website