Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future 2024 Fellowships [USD50,000 per Annum]
The Schlumberger Foundation is currently accepting applications for the Faculty for the Future Fellowships for the 2024/2025 academic year. This opportunity is specifically aimed at women who are seeking to pursue advanced studies in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields at renowned research institutions worldwide.
The Schlumberger Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing education in the fields of science and technology. Acknowledging the critical connection between science, technology, and socio-economic progress, and understanding the vital role that education plays in unlocking individual potential, the Schlumberger Foundation’s primary initiative is the Faculty for the Future program.
The Schlumberger Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing education in science and technology. Recognizing the vital link between these fields and socio-economic development, as well as the pivotal role of education in unlocking individual potential, the Schlumberger Foundation’s flagship program, Faculty for the Future, empowers women to pursue postgraduate studies in STEM disciplines worldwide. Through scholarships and support, the foundation fosters academic excellence and women’s participation in these critical fields, contributing to the advancement of global knowledge and innovation.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Schlumberger Foundation
Host Institution(s): Research Institutes Around the World
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters/PhD
Nationality: Developing Countries
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Faculty for the Future Fellowship:
- are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy where women are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines*. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship)
- are preparing for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research in a STEM discipline. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- are enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad or jointly (i.e., but not solely from the home country university);
- hold an excellent academic record and are willing to go back to your home country or region upon completion of your studies to contribute to its socio-economic development;
- have a proven record of teaching experience in your home country and can demonstrate your commitment to going back home to: i) an academic or research position in a STEM faculty; ii) and/or to using your knowledge to become a STEM entrepreneur to help resolve regional challenges in your local community/region; iii) and/or to demonstrating leadership by contributing to the public sector using your scientific skills to help provide evidence-based support for STEM policy making, including topics of gender representation;
- can demonstrate leadership skills, active community outreach and have a track record in encouraging girls and women into STEM.
Application Procedures for the Faculty for the Future Fellowship (How to Apply):
Individuals who are interested and meet the eligibility requirements can submit their applications for the Schlumberger Foundation’s Faculty for the Future Fellowships for the 2024-2025 academic year. Please adhere to the following guidelines for application:
For New Applicants: If you are applying for the first time and are confident that you meet all the eligibility criteria, you should begin by registering for an account at the official application portal.
For Renewal Applicants: If you are a renewal applicant, please use your login credentials to access the portal. The application portal typically becomes available annually between September and November (please note that specific dates may vary from year to year).
Application Deadline: 10 November 2023.
For more information Visit the Official Website