McGill University 2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
The McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is currently accepting applications from well-qualified young leaders in Sub-Saharan Africa. The program is designed to offer extensive educational assistance to selected candidates.
The goal of the Scholars Program is to aid academically gifted young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa in obtaining a top-notch university education. The program ensures their success by providing comprehensive support systems.
Nestled in the vibrant city of Montreal, McGill University stands as a beacon of academic excellence. Renowned globally for its distinguished faculty and cutting-edge research, McGill offers a diverse and dynamic environment for students. Founded in 1821, it boasts a rich history and a commitment to fostering innovation and critical thinking. The campus, with its blend of historic and modern architecture, provides a picturesque backdrop for learning and collaboration. McGill’s emphasis on interdisciplinary studies and its global perspective attract students from around the world, making it a hub of cultural diversity. With a strong focus on research, community engagement, and nurturing the next generation of leaders, McGill University continues to be a prestigious institution shaping the future.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Canada
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): McGill University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Fee waiver
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program:
- Applicants must be admissible to one of the eligible non-thesis programs at McGill University
- Applicants must have never registered for /completed any graduate studies;
- Be a citizen of, and reside in a Sub Saharan African Country (see list of eligible countries);
- Have a valid passport and be admissible to Canada as an International Student (requiring a Study Permit). Those with dual citizenship, asylee, refugee or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK or EU are not eligible.
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Must be less than 35 years old at the time of application.
Application Procedures for the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates for McGill University’s Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program should initially seek admission to a qualifying program at the university. After completing the admission application, applicants can proceed to submit an online application specifically for the Mastercard Scholarship.
Application Deadline: December 01, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website