HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023/2024
Applications are currently being accepted for the HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowships Program for eligible candidates who are interested in participating in the program. The program aims to help early-career scientists enhance their research abilities by exploring different fields of study and working in a foreign country.
Two types of fellowships are offered: Long-Term Fellowships (LTF) are intended for individuals who have obtained a PhD in a biological field and who are interested in pursuing a pioneering project in the life sciences. Cross-Disciplinary Fellowships (CDF) are designated for individuals who have completed a doctoral degree in a non-biological area such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, or computer science and who have not previously worked in the life sciences.
The HFSP fellowship initiative endorses research proposals in the life sciences that are groundbreaking and have the potential to create significant transformations. Proposals that entail high-risk ventures are especially welcomed. The research projects should be interdisciplinary and should question established norms by utilizing innovative methods and strategies. Scientifically, they should tackle a crucial issue or challenge that is impeding progress in the field.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP)
Host Institution(s): Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP)
Fellowship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowships Program:
- A candidate who is not a national from one of the HFSP members (see list below) may apply to work only in a research institution in one of the member countries. A candidate who is a national of one of the member countries can apply to work in a research institution in any country.
- Applicants must propose to work in a country different to the one where they did their previous PhD work or first post-doctoral studies. For those institutions that are not classified as national, i.e. international or extraterritorial institutions such as EMBL, ICPT or ICGEB, the country in which the laboratory is located will be considered the host country.
- A research doctorate (PhD) or a doctoral-level degree comparable to a PhD with equivalent experience in basic research (e.g. a research-based MD or medical PhD) must be conferred by the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants must have at least one lead author publication by the submission deadline of the Letter of Intent which can be a manuscript (1) published in a recognized OA preprint repository, or (2) accepted for publication, (3) in press or (4) already published by a peer reviewed journal.
- Applicants with a PhD on a biological discipline for Long-Term Fellowships (LTF)
- Applicants who hold a doctoral degree from a non-biological discipline for Cross-Disciplinary Fellowships (CDF)
- Applicants will be asked to submit a Letter of Intent.
HFSP member countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus (EU part only), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Application Procedures for the HFSP Postdoctoral Fellowships Program (How to Apply):
The application process for the 2024 HFSP Long-Term and Cross-Disciplinary Fellowships, which are set to begin in 2024, will involve two stages of submission via the ProposalCentral online platform.
In the first stage, applicants will be required to submit a Letter of Intent, which will be used by the review committee to select the most promising proposals. Successful applicants will then be invited to proceed to the second stage, which involves submitting a Full Proposal.
If you have any questions concerning the registration process in ProposalCentral, please contact the following address:
Phone: +1 703 964 5840.
Application Deadline: May 11, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website